Processor and Memory
- 2.0 or 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 2MB on chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 512MB (single SODIMM) of PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 memory on 2.0GHz configuration; and 1GB (single SODIMM) on 2.16GHz configuration; two SODIMM slots support up to 2GB
- 667MHz frontside bus
- One FireWire 400 port at up to 400 Mbps
- Two 480-Mbps USB 2.0 ports
- ExpressCard/34 slot
- Kensington cable lock slot
Battery and power
- 60-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery (with integrated charge indicator LEDs) providing up to 4.5 hours of battery life(1)
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe Power Adapter port
- Built-in 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme wireless networking (802.11g standard) (2).
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Combined optical digital input/audio line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital output/headphone out (minijack)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Internal omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
Video and graphics support
- ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics processor, dual link DVI support, 128MB of GDDR3 on 2.0GHz configuration. 256MB GDDR3 on 2.16GHz configuration
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- DVI output port
- VGA output using included DVI to VGA adapter
- Built-in iSight camera
- 80GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive on 2.0GHz configuration. Optional 100GB 5400-rpm, 100GB 7200-rpm, 120GB 5400-rpm drives (3).
- 100GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive on 2.16GHz configuration. Optional 100GB 7200-rpm or 120GB 5400-rpm hard drives.
- 4x Slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum Write: 4x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, and DVD-RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum Read: 8x DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW; 4x DVD+R (double layered) and DVD-R (double layered); 24x CD
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) TFT display, support for millions of colors; Optional glossy widescreen display
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio, 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
Keyboard and trackpad
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement), and embedded numeric keypad
- Backlit keyboard with ambient light sensors for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness
- Solid-state scrolling Trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two finger scrolling, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Apple Remote included
Electrical and environmental requirements
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- DC input: 18.5 Vdc, 4.6 A max.
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and weight
- Height: 1.0 inch (2.59 cm)
- Width: 14.1 inches (35.7 cm)
- Depth: 9.6 inches (24.3 cm)
- Weight: 5.6 pounds (2.54 kg) with battery and optical drive installed (4)
- Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger (includes Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat AV, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’06 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand), Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, iWork ’06 (30-day trial), Comic Life, FileMaker Pro trial, Omni Outliner
- Photo Booth
- Front Row
- Battery life depends on configuration and use.
- Wireless Internet access requires base station or other wireless access point and Internet access (fees may apply). Achieving data rates up to 54 Mbps requires that all users have an AirPort Extreme Card and connect to an AirPort Extreme Base Station. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort. Range may vary with site conditions.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Internet access requires a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply. Product includes electronic documentation. Backup copy of software is included. Product specifications are subject to change without notice.